It is quite common for teenagers to develop acne.
Women develop acne during their menstrual cycle, pregnancy or when they are on birth control pills. Most of us had this problem during our younger days. Many of those suffering from acne are not aware that there are natural remedies for acne treatment.
You don’t need to depend on any other lotion or cream to treat acne. The actual cause of this problem is the fluctuation in hormone levels that enlarges the oil glands and releases more oil to the skin surface.
Eventually, the tiny oil ducts on the face get plugged due to dead skin cells, bacteria, and sebum. These 3 elements become nutrients for the bacteria to grow rapidly. As the bacteria grows, you will find more pimples appearing on your face.
- So try not to touch your face with your hands.
- No pressing, popping, peeling or rubbing your face skin.
Acne problems will become worse if you were to do that. Always use water based makeup instead of oil based because water-based makeup is natural.
Oil-based makeup helps to collect dirt’s and block the open pores. Well, it is quite easy to know the difference between water based and oil based. Water and other ingredients will easily get separated once you leave the bottle on a flat surface.
Acne and pimples normally will disappear once you reach 20 years old. Maybe, it might appear again during your adulthood. Don’t worry, apply natural remedies for acne that is natural, safe and inexpensive.
There are a number of solutions to overcome this problem.
8 Natural Remedies For Acne Cure
Just continue to enjoy your favorite food but make sure you are having a healthy diet. Your skin, eyes, teeth and hair will tell the kind of diet you are taking. Having poor diet will definitely reflect on your physical appearance. Continuing to consume acne triggering foods can increase acne frequency and severity.
- Milk has the hormone that can help to produce more skin oils.
- Chocolate can increase inflammation and bacteria infection.
- Greasy food can increase sebum.
- Snackers and high-glycemic foods can
- trigger insulin spike
- increase blood sugar levels
- cause inflammation
Certain diet makes your acne worst. For healthy and clear skin, you have to make sure that you are eating the right food and staying hydrated. Eat balanced diet that consists of
- whole grains
- fish, shellfish, poultry without skin
- trimmed lean meat
Drinking 8 glasses of water daily can help to flush out internal toxins and waste from your body. Sufficient water in your body keeps the skin self-moisturized.
Papain or papaya proteinase is an enzyme found in the papaya fruits and papaya tree leaves. Papain enzyme is one of the effective natural remedies for acne because it helps to
- prevent pus
- reduce inflammation
- eliminates skin debris
- unclog pores
Widely used as an ingredient in beauty products because it has the ability to get rid of acne and scars. At the same time, it makes your face skin smoother.
How to apply papaya paste on your face?
- Peel off the papaya skin and remove the seeds.
- Cut into cubes and place in the blender.
- Blend until it becomes smooth and consistent.
- Wash you face and dry with paper towel.
- Apply the creamy papaya on your face and leave it for 20 minutes.
- Use clean warm water to rinse you face and dry with paper towel.
Do this twice daily, morning and evening for better results. Add ripe papaya in your diet for better improvement. Lightly apply moisturizer on your face if it gets dry.
Another remarkable plant used as natural remedies for acne is aloe vera. Many people who are suffering from this diseases using aloe vera for treatment. Moreover, this amazing plant is getting popular nowadays because the gel is used in many skin care and beauty products.
The aloe vera gel gives you a soothing sensation effect when applying on your face. Aloe vera has antibacterial properties that can reduce redness, prevent bacteria growth and swell on your face. Aloe vera juice is promoted as a product that can help to reduce wrinkles.
How to use aloe vera gel?
- Clean the aloe vera leaves, remove the outer green skin and scoop out the gel.
- Collect the fresh gel and apply a layer on your face and rest for 2 hours.
- Transfer the balancing gel into a container and store in the refrigerator.
- Rinse your face with warm water to remove the gel.
- Dry with paper towel and don’t touch your face.
Repeat these steps twice daily. Mix some cinnamon powder with the gel to increase the effectiveness.
Lemon citrus fruits have natural antiseptic which destroys harmful microbes and also clear the pore clogging dirt. Other benefits of lemon juice are
- reduce inflammation
- clears the oil
- remove dark spot and scars from your face
- whiten and tighten the face skin
Applying directly to your face can make face skin dry. So you need to dilute the citrus extract with warm water first before doing that. Apply 1 to 2 ratios when diluting the juice.
- Wash your face with mild soap and wipe dry with a clean towel
- Cut the lemon in half, squeeze and collect the juice.
- Transfer 3 tablespoon of the juice to a small container and store the balance in a bottle. Keep in the refrigerator.
- Mix 6 tablespoon of warm water with the juice and soak cotton swab lightly.
- Apply the juice directly to the affected area and wait for the lemon to do its job.
- Rinse your face with clean water after 10 minutes and wipe dry with a clean towel.
Scrubbing using the inner part of the lemon skin can remove dead skin cells from your face. Therefore continue applying this remedy can heal acne and make your face skin smoother and fairer.
During the recovering process, the new skin may be sensitive to direct sunlight. Avoid your face from exposing to sunlight.
Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil is one of the best natural remedies for acne cure. Simply because tea tree oil can get rid of pimples efficiently by unblocking the pores. Furthermore, it has powerful natural antibacterial properties that can destroy bacteria and remove damage skin cells.
To get the best results, you need to follow the right method to treat acne.
- Clean your face with mild soap and wipe dry with paper towel.
- Dilute the tea tree oil.
- Place few drops of tea tree oil on a cotton bud.
- Dab on the affected area and leave it for a couple of hours.
- Remove the oil by rinsing with warm water and dry with paper towel.
Repeating twice daily should produce positive results, once in the morning and once in the evening. Natural moisturizer can help to solve your dry skin problems, if it happens after the washing your face.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is also one of the popular natural remedies for acne treatment. It is very effective because it has the anti-fungal and antibacterial properties that can control bacteria growth.
Furthermore, apple cider vinegar also can balance the pH of your face and create a surface where bacteria difficult to divide and multiply. Furthermore, it can remove pimples and reduce wrinkles from your place. Its astringent properties can remove oil from your face.
Those who are having oily face skin should clean their face according to the steps below.
- Clean your face with warm water and dry with paper towel
- Dilute 1 part vinegar to 2 parts of warm water.
- Soak lightly a cotton ball into the solution.
- Apply directly to the affected area.
- After applying just leave it for at least 10 minutes.
- Rinse your face with warm water again to remove the vinegar.
Repeat these steps at least 3 times a day. Use natural moisturizer such as coconut oil or olive oil for your dry skin.
Wash Your Face
Make it a habit of washing and cleaning your face with clean warm water regularly. Moreover, it helps to remove oil, dirt and dead skin cells from your face. Here are some simple steps to follow when you clean your face.
- Wash your face with clean warm water.
- With some soap, scrub slowly by using face scrubber pad.
- Rinse with clean warm water again to remove the soap.
- Repeat these steps at least 3 times a day.
Well, this method can help to remove sebum, dead cells and dirt build up from your face. Keep your hands off and try not to press or pop the pimples. Failing to follow these steps will only leave scars and spread bacteria to another part of your face.
Does lack of quality sleep contribute to acne? Lack of quality sleep can cause stress will increase the oil production make face more oily. While oily face will increase sebum and promotes other skin problems. Here are some tips on how to get proper sleep.
- Get at least 7 hours of uninterrupted sleep daily.
- Make sure you have a comfortable place to sleep.
- Don’t sleep with the lights on.
- Sleep and rise at the same time daily including weekends.
- Avoid caffeine and big meals before going to bed.
Getting enough quality sleep helps to minimize your acne problems, improve mental alertness and increase productivity. In addition to healthy diet and some form of exercise, you can get rid of acne.